Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well, I'm finally back after forgetting my password. See, my usual password is *******, but this site requires an 8 character password, and I couldn't for the life of me think what I might have put. Don't worry though, as Opera is now remembering all my information for me (isn't technology grand?). So, because I know you're waiting with bated breath to hear what I have to say after my short absence, I won't make you wate any longer.

First and foremost, is another anime review. I'm just going to go ahead and say that I rarely finish things that are bad, so most of these reviews, if not all of them, will be favorable at least but more likely closer to gushing. That being said, if you aren't an anime fan (why the fuck not (just kidding (no I'm not))) then you can probably skip this review. Regardless of this, I'm going to do the reviews because I feel like writing them. Oh, and one more thing, I've been asked to tone down the whole WALL OF TEXT thing, so I'll be attempting to condense my thoughts in the future. Okay, now, without further delay, my review of the anime Spice an Wolf:

Spice and wolf is almost at once all the things I hate, fantasy stories set in the middle ages, lessons on economics, love stories, and furries. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. Essentially, the story is about a traveling merchant in a land with, as far as I know, the most convoluted monetary system ever. See, this merchant is a pretty stand up guy, and his life's goal is to be able to buy his own shop and get off the road. At least, he was until he meets a pagan wolf God who takes the form of a beautiful young girl with wolf ears and a wolf tail (thus the wolf part of the title, the spice thing is something about the travels of a person being like a seasoning spicefor their soul, but you can ignore that). So, this wolf demon, in exchange for traveling with him to her home up north and eating everything in sight is supposed to be increasing Lawrence's (thats the trader) profits. The problem is that she only does this in a few episodes, and she actually manages to wreck everything pretty bad really. However, the show is well drawn and animated, the soundtrack, despite consisting of mostly instuments ending in "ute", is quite fitting and entertaining, the drama feels, well, dramatic, and the love elements of the story between Lawrence and Horo (the wolf) are heartwarming and tend to leave you feeling happy even when things don't work out for the protagonists, so I think I can forgive some muddled story elements here and there. With a second season coming out in July of 2009, I know I'll be watching, and I would recommend anyone who is a fan of anime in any capacity watch the first episode and make their own decision from there.

Okay, next topic, imeem. Where has this wonderfull website been and why wasn't I made aware of it earlier? For anyone who doesn't know, imeem is essentially a music streaming site, and while this doesn't sound too impressive in itself, I can say that I've been sriously impressed with their selection and just the general quality of the stuff on there.

Not much of a topic was it? I honestly don't have a lot to say this time, I just wanted to show my face to let anyone who reads this (Will)know that I hadn't left the site and that they (or he) can expect many more pointless ramblings in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment