Sunday, March 22, 2009

Epic Justice, random anger, and my 10th post

Epic Justice:

I was at Hasting's today in search of Mick Foley's third autobiography (which I found) and some new manga to entertain myself with when I'm in the mood for lighter reading, and what do I see but a 1$ movie bin, I think to myself, this will be fun, if only so I can see what type of horrible low-budget horror movies they have. So I walk over, and what do my eyes behold but that glorious nugget of suck that is Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds. This is my version of justice, this is what gives me hope in people, the fact that when a horrible actor makes a horrible movie from what was originally an exquisite radio broadcast, we have the good common sense to shame the piece of filth into oblivion.

Random Anger:

Fuck the English Language. There are so many missed oppurtunities in this language. Why the fuck is the word "palindrome" not a palindrome? How fucking hard is it to make it be palilap? I know this seems like a minor issue, but I appreciate the small stuff. One of my favorite comedians ever is Mitch Hedberg, if you know his work, you know he would be pissed too. Next issue: otomatopeia. They're sound words, otomatopeias, but aren't all words sound words? if they weren't wouldn't it just be lip reading? I mean, they're like... words without meaning, but honestly, all words are sound words godammit. There are a thousand little thoughts like this out there, but these are the two I thought of by myself, as far as I know. 

10th Post:

I made it right after Kilgore, I should really update more, but most of these are pretty pointless and unread anyway, so whatever.

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly and emphatically about the War of the Worlds.

    Oh, and if it weren't pointless would it even be a blog?

    ReplyDelete