Saturday, February 21, 2009

Seems Inconsistent

I demand an explanation! According to IMDB, the movie My Cousin Vinny saw an eight percent drop in popularity this week. Seems reasonable enough right? I'm sure you're asking yoursef what's so weird about that, right? Well, I'll tell you, nothing is weird about that when viewed by itself, BUT, when you go to Marisa Tomei and Joe Pesci's IMDB profiles, you may notice that this week has seen a twenty three and sixty four percent popularity increase for them respectively. I will admit that Ralph Macchio is down thirty three percent this week, and even that director Jonathan Lynn is down nine percent, but when you average those together, you get a surplus of forty five percent for poor old Cousin Vinny. So what gives guys? If I had to guess, which I do, I'd say its some sort of international conspiracy to bring down the IMDB popularity score of early 90's comedies about Italian people in order to wreck the careers of the various actors who made them for today. See, I think that the man thinks that Marisa Tomei is getting too powerful, it can't be pesci, the last thing he was in was The Good Sheperd, and that movie blew. However, with Tomei doing movies like The Wrestler, she is developing connections to the movie underground, and the government doesn't want the italian mob to be mixing interests with movie-hipsters lest they create some sort of super underground speak easy/french noir movie viewing parlour. I have no evidence for this, of course, if I did, I wouldn't be posting my idea on the internet now would I? I guess the point of this blog, is that no matter how much time you spend leapfrogging from one link to another, be it anything from IMDB to wikipedia, you will never cease to find oddities. More importantly, perhaps, is the fact that I have the ability to actually tell others about this useless discovery of mine. See, in the age of blogspot, skype, and stickam, people like me will always have an outlet for whatever stupid thing crosses the vast expanse between our ears. Does this mean we'll always have an audience? No, but if nothing else, we'll be able to ramble on to ourselves because we like to hear oursleves type.

No comments:

Post a Comment