Saturday, February 21, 2009

Exposition Blog

Why did I make this blog? I don’t write very much; I procrastinate and bullshit through ninety percent of my school papers. I’m sure that most of you reading this are friends of mine, and are asking yourselves questions such as these. Well, I’ll tell you. I first came to blogspot when Will Kilgore made his blog, bowl of parrots, and when I realised that I had to make an account to follow him, my attitude was pretty much “sure, why not”. Now, I’m sitting in my room watching an absolutely lame horror movie on showtime and listening to the best band from the sixties, and I find that I have the urge to use this profile. See, one thing about me is that I like people, and I like having friends. So, when I make a profile on some website for one reason or another, I usually get an itch to customize it to attract others within a few weeks or so. This is no different, this blog has no real purpose, other than to provide a short summary of who I am and why I’m on blogspot, and to fill up space to make it look like I’m using this profile. This is not to say that I won’t use this profile in the future, but more like I have nothing to say as of right now, but can’t stand having a blank profile floating about with nothing on it. Now, some people probably want to know what my name is a reference to, since my name isn’t Rico.Well, since that’s pretty easy to explain, and because I need to take up a bit more space in this blog, I suppose I’ll answer it. Rico (リコ in kanji) is a fictional character from the anime Gunslinger Girl. She uses a Beretta SCP- 90/70 in the show, and therefore, RicoBeretta. I know it’s simple, and that’s why I picked it. On a related note, I recommend that everyone at least check out Gunslinger Girl, it’s a great show that feels a little brutal at times, but overall has a grace to that brutallity that brings the more happy elements of the story (which are few and far between) to the forefront of your mind when you watch it. So, I suppose that concludes my first blog on this site, thanks to everyone who read it, I doubt you learned much of anything, but maybe you did. Here’s to a (hopefully) beautiful future on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment