Monday, May 18, 2009

A-Thons

I recently decided that I wanted to marathon all the Modest Mouse music I've got (all of it excluding two EPs the contents of which were realeased on other albums). This was awesome, it resulted in me hearing whole new meanings to songs, and made me feel... well, worn out frankly. Please understand, their Discography is 9 hours 41 minutes and 49 seconds long. That being said, it took me 3 days of on and off listening to finish. The rules I set for myself were pretty simple (music has to be on when using the computer, if that music is from my player, it has to be MM). I took a full hour's break to watch My Morning Jacket on Austin City Limits, which was awesome.

NOW, onto future stuff. I have realised that marathoning my music is something fun that I can do to pass the time when I'm in an indecisive mood, and with that in mind, I've embarked on a Sonic Youth-A-Thon. This will take a bit longer as their music adds up to 11 hours 21 minutes and 53 seconds. So, yeah, I just felt like making a post about this project because, for me even more than most people, listening to one band's discography is really difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment